NEA-Retired Distinguished Service Awards
2010 Distinguished Service Award Guidelines
NEA-Retirees are actively involved in the Association* -- political action, community organizing, mentoring, and volunteering to help meet educator and community needs.
This award attempts to give special honor to retirees to emphasize their contributions to public education and their communities.
The purpose of this award is to recognize an individual who embodies the outstanding service of retirees in any or all of the following areas:
- Involvement in the community;
- Involvement in the Association; *
- Enhancement of retirees' image in the Association* and public education.
Submitted documents should be clear and easy to read, i.e., printed or typewritten.
Nominees must have been a NEA-Retired member for five (5) consecutive years as of January 15 of the award year.
To insure the widest possible participation, the nomination procedure will be as follows:
- A state Retired affiliate may submit one nominee. (A local may submit a nominee to the State Retired organization.)
- A state nomination requires the signature of the state Retired President or State Retired contact.
- Supporting documents required are:
1. Completed nomination form and responses signed by the State Association NEA-Retired President/State Retired contact.
2. A letter from the nominee's State NEA-Retired President/State Retired Contact.
3. Two letters of support (one must be from a community source), no more than two pages in length.
Note: Submitted material will not be returned.
Selection of the Award
All nominations received by NEA-Retired must be submitted on the official nomination form (or facsimile thereof) and will be processed as follows:
- Each nomination will be checked to insure that it meets eligibility requirements.
- The NEA-Retired Selection Committee will review applicants according to the criteria and purpose listed.
- The Committee's selection for the NEA-Retired Distinguished Service Award will be forwarded to the NEA-Retired President prior to the NEA-Retired Annual Meeting.
Please complete this form. Provide a supporting letter from the nominee's State NEA-Retired President/State Retired Contact and two letters of support no more than two pages in length (one from a community source). Submitted documents should be clear and easy to read, i.e., typewritten or printed. Submitting additional materials will disqualify your nomination.
IMPORTANT: Only one nomination per state will be accepted. The individual signing this form must be the State NEA-Retired President or State Retired contact. Postmark deadline: April 15, 2010.
* * * * *Download the nomination form. (Microsoft Word file)
2012 NEA-Retired Annual Meeting
- 2012 Annual Meeting Details
- Conference Registration (coming April 15)
GRANTS, AWARDS, AND FORMS
- Jack Kinnaman Scholarship
- Distinguished Service Awards
- Newsletter Awards
- NEA-Retired Web Site Awards
- Directory Contact Change Form