Common Core Research & Tools
Common Core State Standards Toolkit
This toolkit provides general background and links to pertinent information about the CCSS, as well as practical assistance and planning.
For Educators & Families
- Families and Educators Working Together for Student Success
How families and educators can work together to help students transition to Common Core State Standards and achieve success.
- Families and Educators Advocate for Student Achievement
Become an advocate for Common Core State Standards. Find out how you can support change outside the classroom that will help student achieve success inside it.
Top 10 Common Core Facts ( PDF, 836 KB, 1 pg.)
Why do we need new standards? Not every student in the United States has access to a great public school.
- The Common Core State Standards: Moving Beyond Awareness to Classroom
- College and Career Readiness: Strengthening Postsecondary Pathways with Common Core State Standards
- NEW Common Core State Standards resources are now available on iTunes U and ASCD Edu Core
ASCD, the global community dedicated to excellence in learning, teaching, and leading, is pleased to announce the Common Core Resources Project on iTunes U. The Common Core Resources Project is a curation of instructional resources and assessment sample items that will help educators successfully implement the Common Core State Standards (CCSS) and teach effectively using iPads. The project features 23 iTunes U courses that are free to all educators through ASCD on iTunes U and the ASCD EduCore® site. The courses, designed by teacher teams comprised of Apple Distinguished Educators, members of PARCC Educator Leader Cadres, and ASCD teachers, are focused on CCSS for math and English language arts at each grade level from K—12.
- Teaching the Core Video Library
- Common Core State Standards Initiative (CCSS)
- Smarter Balanced Assessment Constorium (SBAC)
- Partnership for Assessment of Readiness for College and Careers (PARCC)
- Assessment Services Supporting ELs through Technology Systems (ASSETS)
- World-Class Instructional Design (WIDA)