May 15 (Awarded by June 30); September 15 (Awarded by October 31); January 15 (Awarded by February 28)
NEA’s My School, My Voice program provides an excellent opportunity to engage local affiliates around ensuring equity for all students, using the power of educators’ voices. The work of the My School, My Voice program is built upon NEA’s strategic priority of lifting and amplifying educator voice, in order to build opportunities for all students to succeed. Funded and supported by NEA Education Policy & Practice, these local grant programs are designed to kick start local efforts to ensure a seat at the decision-making table for educators. Successful local programmatic work funded through the ESSA/Educator Voice Local Grants will:
- support local activities that identify access and opportunity gaps and move toward sustainable solutions;
- build coalitions and leveraging existing partnerships that support educators driving decisions in local ESSA implementation efforts;
- engage members and non-members in working to ensure local ESSA implementation plans include educator voices, as well as those of other key stakeholders; and
- move local priorities for winning policies that incorporate educator voice to create opportunities for all students to succeed.
ESSA/Educator Voice Grant Application Process
Before you Begin:
- Have an electronic copy of your Affiliate’s completed IRS W-9 Form available on your computer (you will be required to upload it in the next step). Download blank IRS W-9 Form below. If you do not know your affiliate’s Federal Employee Identification Number (EIN), you can find:
- State Affiliates EIN Quick Lookup in downloads below
- Local Affiliates EIN Lookup via IRS Database
- To submit your Affiliate's completed W-9, please click here. Within the capture form, please make sure to select the appropriate Center/Department to whom your affiliate is submitting a grant request.
- Download a copy of the Blank ESSA/Educator Voice Local Grants Application, familiarize yourself with it and gather all required information.
How to Apply:
- You will be required to create an NEA Applicant ID and Password if you are applying for the first time. To create a new NEA Applicant ID and Password, click the New Applicant? link under the E-mail input box on the first page of the application and follow instructions.
- Next you will be prompted for your Affiliate's EIN. You should already have this number from Step 1 of Before you Begin. If you cannot locate your EIN using the search resources provides and your grant application is time sensitive, a link is provided to bypass this requirement.
- Once in the application, provide all required information. The Save and Finish Later button will save your in-progress application to your NEA Applicant Account to complete later.
- Finally, once you feel your application is complete, click the Review and Submit button. Missing information will be flagged, and you will have to provide it before you can submit your application.
- For questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Click here to start a new ESSA/Educator Voice Local Grants Application
Return to saved ESSA/Educator Voice Local Grants Application here