Eco Boys and Girls
Grades PreK-2 Learn about Recycling & Conservation
The Eco Boys and Girls, developed by Maria Snyder, are illustrated characters intended for children in grades PreK-2. The NEA and United Nations welcome the Eco Boys and Girls as pro-environmental advocates.
The Eco Boys and Girls teach children the value of respecting their environment by practicing recycling and conservation, and respecting other people and creatures who inhabit the earth by showing love and care for them. Young children are inquisitive and eager to learn.
We hope these lesson plans will provide students with varied experiences across all learning domains and models for caring for the earth and help them begin their journey to becoming environmentally responsible adults.
- Introduction to the curriculum
- Descriptions and images of the characters
- Sample letter to administrators and teachers
- Sample letter to parents and guardians
- Lesson plans
- Activity Sheets (Acrostic Poems, Word Search, Crossword Puzzle, KWL Chart, We Can Do Writing Exercises)
Download the curriculum guide ( PDF, 3.5 MB, 34pp)