ReadWriteThink presents 58 Student Interactives to develop skills in organizing & summarizing, inquiry & analysis, writing poetry, writing & publishing prose, and learning about language for students in grades K-12.
- In Venn Diagram, 3 Circles students enter concepts in circles or in the overlapping areas to organize information. They can view, edit, and print the finished diagrams. Teachers will find related lessons for grades 3-12.
- In Hero’s Journey students explore elements of a hero's journey and use the tool to record examples from reading or viewing or to plan an original hero's journey. Lessons for grades 9-12 are available.
- Drama Map lets students map elements of character, setting, conflict, and resolution. It includes graphic organizers for postreading and prewriting activities. Students can print parts of or the entire organizer. Grade 6-12 lessons are included.
- With Acrostic Poems students draft an acrostic poem, save work-in-progress, revise and edit, and print or email finished work. Grades K-12 lessons are included.
- The Letter Generator teaches students parts of business and friendly letters. Students create letters by typing information into letter templates. Lessons for grades K-12 are included.
- Word Wizard develops critical thinking, problem solving, and comprehension skills with puzzles based on four popular children’s books. Lessons for grades K-2 are included.