Asia for Educators
Asia for Educators was created for K-12 teachers and students in world history, culture, geography, art, and literature based on guidelines developed by the National Council for Geographic Education. The website provides a number of ways to approach the resources.
Resources for Teachers and Students provides material in four curriculum sections:
- Geography explores East Asia in Geographic Perspective: China; Japan; Korea; and Vietnam with lessons lessons keyed to K-12 standards.
- Art offers Special Exhibitions and Teaching Art units organized by subject area, time period, and country/region. There is a Featured Topics and Religions in Asia through Art portal offering dozens of links.
- Language Arts presents a "starter list" called Literature Across the Curriculum oganized by grade level and region.
- Religion explores religious beliefs and practices of Late-Imperial China.
There are four Teaching Modules, each with distinct and elegant presentation. The modules feature online readings, class materials, image galleries, maps, and PDF transcripts:
- The Song Dynasty in China;
- The Mongols in World History;
- The Grandeur of the Qing Dynasty;
- China & Europe: What Is Modern?
The site also offers an Online Professional Development area for K-12 educators with simulcasts, online courses, and independent study.