Grants made through the Collective Bargaining and Member Advocacy Department support affiliate work all over the United States. Affiliates have used these grants to make collective bargaining a more transparent process, support students away from the bargaining table, join the Red for Ed movement, bargain for the Common Good, and advocate for the schools our students deserve.
Resources for your application are available in the downloads section below.
Student-Centered Advocacy Grant application process
Before you begin:
1. Download a copy of the Blank Student Centered Advocacy Application to familiarize yourself and gather all required information.
2. Make sure you have an electronic copy of your Affiliate’s completed IRS W-9 Form available on your computer. You will be required to upload it before submitting your online application.
3. To submit your Affiliate's completed W-9, please click here. Within the capture form, please make sure to select the appropriate Center/Department to whom your affiliate is submitting a grant request.
- Download a blank IRS W-9 Form here
- State Affiliates that do not know their EIN can find it here
- Local Affiliates that do not know their EIN can find it in the IRS Database
How to apply
1. If you are applying for the first time you will need to create an NEA Applicant ID and Password. Follow the Start a New Application link above, and click on the “New Applicant?” button under the E-mail field.
2. Next you will be prompted for your Affiliate's EIN. You should already have this number from Step 2 of Before you begin. Use the provided resources above if you cannot locate your EIN. There is a link provided to bypass this requirement if your grant application is time sensitive.
3. Once in the application, provide all required information. The Save and Finish Later button will save your in-progress application to your NEA Applicant Account to complete later.
4. Once you feel your application is complete, click the Review and Submit button. Missing information will be flagged, and you will have to provide it before you can submit your application.
5. For questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.