Parent Partnership Resources
Educators and Parents Working Together
Educators and parents are the most important adults in a child’s life. That's why NEA members throughout the nation are working closely with parents to ensure our students succeed.
Common Core State Standards
- Families and Educators Working Together for Student Success
How families and educators can work together to help students transition to Common Core State Standards and achieve success.
- Families and Educators Advocate for Student Achievement
Become an advocate for Common Core State Standards. Find out how you can support change outside the classroom that will help student achieve success inside it.
- How Should Parents Navigate the Parent-Teacher Conference?
- My Children Are Not “Failing,” And Neither Are Their Teachers
- Parents in the Picture
- A Day In The Life of a Parent Coordinator
- Union and Parents Join Forces to Improve School Conditions
- When This ESP Visits Student Homes, He's Treated Like Family
- Home Visits Yield Hope and Cooperation With Parents
- How Family Involvement is Helping in Utah
- Parents' Role in Bullying and Intervention
- For Parents: If a Child Complains of Being Bullied
- For Educators: 10 Ideas to Engage Parents
Practical Information Parents Can Use
Developed through a joint effort between NEA and National Parent Teacher Association (PTA), these two-page guides provide parents and caregivers with fundamental tools to encourage their children's success in school.
Download Brochures or Order Online or by Phone
Download the PDF versions below or, if you prefer, order up to ten hard copies of each 4-color brochure at no charge.
Order online or call toll free 800-717-9790.
|Choosing Supplemental Education
|Testing at Your Child's School||English||Spanish|
|Hey Mom, I Want To Be An Engineer!||English||N/A|
|Raising Scientifically Literate Children||English||Spanish|
|Helping Your Child with Today's Math||English||N/A|
|Helping Your Child Learn to Read||English||N/A|
|Raising Ready Readers—and Keeping
Them That Way
|Helping Your Teen Get the Most Out
of High School
|Helping Your Child Do Well in School||English||N/A|
|A Successful Kindergarten Transition||English||N/A|
|Preparing Your Child for School||English||N/A|