Toward Increasing Teacher Diversity: Targeting and Intervention for Teacher Licensure Candidates
This report, co-published by the Educational Testing Service and the National Education Association, focuses on the performance gap between White and minority teacher candidates.
It was designed to provide an in-depth look at differential performance in various content areas and sub-areas within The Praxis Series™ assessments in academic skills, content areas, and pedagogy. The report also offers insight into possible strategies and interventions that can be employed to narrow the gap and better support minority candidates in meeting full licensure requirements.
Read Toward Increasing Teacher Diversity (2011) ( PDF, 1.62 MB, 29pp).
- National Board Certification of Teachers
- Interactive Guide to Understanding National Board Certification
- NEA Academy
- Learning Forward (National Staff Development Council)
- National Council for the Accreditation of Teacher Education
- National Board for Professional Teaching Standards
- Research Spotlight on Hard-to-Staff Schools