Careers at NEA
NEA Is a Great Place To Work
Working Mother magazine has named the National Education Association as one of its 100 best companies for family-friendly benefits.
More than 58 percent of NEA's workforce of roughly 500 employees at its Washington, D.C. headquarters is female. NEA offers a comprehensive benefits package that includes a variety of paid health and dental insurance options; paid maternity and parental leave for newborns and newly adopted children; up to five days each year for parents and grandparents to participate in a student's school activities; back-up childcare; telecommuting; and flexible work schedules.
Positions at NEA include executive, managerial, professional, technical, administrative/clerical and trades/crafts. Vacancies may involve skills in communications/media relations, information technology, education policy analysis, research, lobbying/political advocacy or secretarial/office administration.
NEA complies with all federal, state and local employment laws including the Immigration Reform and Control Act (IRCA) and the American with Disabilities Act. New hires must show proof of identity and eligibility to work in the United States on or before the first day of employment as required by IRCA.
current career opportunities
Want to teach in public schools? Check our "Want to Teach?" resources.
How to Apply
- NEA does not accept unsolicited resumes/applications for employment.
- If you're applying for an NEA staff vacancy, please apply via our online resume form to ensure immediate consideration. Please include source number in the subject line.
- Cover letters and/or application forms must specify the position number or source of a current vacancy.
- Résumés must be received by the close of business (4:30 PM ET) on the posted closing date.
NEA Benefits Package
Because our employees are our most valuable resource, NEA provides excellent salaries and benefits, including:
- Choice of medical plans
- Dental and vision coverage (eye examination and eyewear reimbursement)
- Health Advocate
- Long Term Care
- Medical flexible spending account
Retirement and Welfare
- 401(k) retirement savings plan
- Defined benefit retirement plan
- Long term and short term disability
Paid Leave Programs
- 11 Holidays per year
- Annual leave
- Bereavement leave
- Medical leave
- New Parent and Parental leave
- Leadership Institute
- Service Recognition Awards
- Tuition Assistance
- Credit Union
- Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Flexible work schedules
- Health and Wellness programs
If You Are Currently Under Consideration for an NEA Staff Vacancy
Only follow this process if you have been contacted by NEA for testing or an interview: Save this NEA Application Form (MS Word, 84k, 5 pages) to your computer. Open saved file in Microsoft Word. Complete the application form. E-mail the completed form as an attachment to Human Resources.