Union and leaders work together around country » Read more »
The story of America is the story of its working people—their struggles and successes and their hopes for a better future for themselves and their families.
On Labor Day, and every day, we celebrate those struggles and successes, including those of public school workers.
- NEA Celebrates Labor Day with Obama in Toledo (NEA Today Storify)
- Make This Labor Day Count (Education Votes)
- A Proclamation by the President of the United States (White House Press Release)
- "Unions Represent the Voice of the People" (neatoday.org)
- The 'Right to Work' Assault on the Middle Class (neatoday.org)
- The Evidence is Clear: The Middle Class Needs Strong Unions (neatoday.org)
- 5 ways teacher unions advocate for students, educators (Education Votes)
- 5 ways teacher unions have bargained to help their students (Education Votes)
- Collaboration and Contract Make a Difference for Students (Priority Schools Campaign)
- Collaboration Marks Evaluation Reform in Michigan District (Priority Schools Campaign)
Read more at Events that Shaped the Nation on the AFL-CIO web site.