Welcome to NEA-Retired!
Retirees network to impact Florida legislative session and governor’s race. Read more »
Union and leaders work together around country » Read more »
The 2014 NEA-Retired Annual Meeting will be held in Denver, Colorado on June 28-29, 2014 at the Embassy Suites Downtown Convention Center. Please take a few moments to register for this event online.
The Florida M.O.R.E. Program will serve as a Pilot Project for the NEA. The plan is to organize a small but highly effective army of retired educators who will stand up for public education, educators and each other.
Join with over 3,000 other NEA-Retired Members that live within a 50 mile radius of downtown Washington, DC. Your expertise and years of experience are crucial during this critical turning point in NEA’s history.
NEA-Retired membership today is more than 297,049 and we continue to lead the way in public education
and on critical issues. We work with NEA members to:
- Protect and improve retirement pension, and health benefits—including state pensions, Social Security and Medicare.
- Improve public education through mentoring, literacy, and intergenerational programs and activities.
- Achieve legislative and political action goals for education and education employees.
Whether you’re already retired or just thinking about retirement down the road, there are many advantages to being an NEA-Retired member. They include:
- Staying connected with fellow NEA members and programs
- Opportunities to share your expertise by volunteering and mentoring
- NEA’s political and legislative efforts to protect your retirement resources
- Subscription to NEA’s bimonthly retiree magazine, This Active Life
- A variety of member benefits, such as:
- insurance programs
- credit programs
- loan and mortgage programs
- deposit savings accounts
- investment programs
Retired members also:
- Continue their involvement with their State Association and the NEA and enjoy new and different activities with former colleagues and new friends.
- Volunteer in community-based programs that help make America stronger.
- Participate in national and regional conferences and seminars.
In addition, NEA-Retired provides its members with a wide range of benefits through NEA Member Benefits.