Learn more about NEA-Retired and catch up on the 2021 virtual meeting at ra.nea.org.
Each year, more than 300 delegates from NEA-Retired gather for a two-day meeting to connect with their colleagues and lead the way on key retirement issues.
Business Meeting Information & Governance Documents
(Click on the name of the document or form to view or download it.)
Documents to be Adopted
- Rules for Procedure - Adopted 6/23/21
- 2020 Minutes of the Retired Annual Meeting - Adopted 6/23/21
- Procedures for Amending Bylaws - Adopted 6/23/21
- NBI Guidelines - Adopted 6/24/21
- New Business Items, Including Vote Tallies
- Proposed Amendments to the Bylaws
All of the proposed amendments passed, as shown in these vote totals.
Programs, Awards & Fundraising Programs
Support aspiring educators through the Jack Kinnaman Scholarship program.
Delegates, NEA members and guests, donated $4,526 to the Kinnaman Scholarship Fund during and immediately after the 2021 Retired Annual Meeting.
The PAC auction closed on June 25. The total amount raised to date is an amazing $29,476!
NEA-Retired recognizes the hard work and contributions of NEA-Retired members through its Distinguished Service Award, Communications Awards for newsletters and websites, and Membership Awards.
Distinguished Service Award
Congratulations to Walt Munsterman, MN, for being honored as the NEA-Retired’s 2021 Distinguished Service Award recipient!
- 2020-2021 Communications Committee Members
- Newsletter information and application
- Website information and application
- Winners, 1997-2018
- Winners, 2019 and Beyond
Through my local, state, and national involvement on various committees, I get to see the enthusiasm of active educators and hear about the projects they’re working on. It’s important to stay involved and help keep public education alive. As a retiree, I have time to work during the day and help the association.