Community Allies are the dedicated parents, families, and friends of public education who want to support America’s students and educators. Teachers, education support professionals, and public employees can’t do it alone. Only together can we:
- Advocate for smart, just policies and funding
- Elect candidates for office who support educators, students, and public schools
- Support the education professions
Become a Community Ally
Who Can Join
Anyone can join, if they are not eligible for another form of NEA membership or state or local affiliate membership. Contribute $25 a year, and you can join a community that advocates for the great public schools our students and educators deserve.
Recent Wins & Actions
Educators and allies are taking action, generating wins for public education, and introducing or supporting legislation that will further our community public schools. Here’s what we’ve helped accomplish with you:
- In 2022, The White House delivered $24 billion in loan forgiveness for 360,000 public-service workers over the course of a year.
- NEA is working to get the Pay Teachers Act passed, a bill that would raise starting teachers’ salaries to at least $60,000 a year.
- NEA is urging Congress to increase education funding priorities for FY2024.
- NEA is supporting S 25 Assault Weapons Ban of 2023, a bill to regulate and would stop the sale, manufacture, transfer, and importation of the most commonly owned military-style assault weapons.
Join a campaign.
We need to dismantle unjust systems. We need to fully fund public schools. We need to hold our elected leaders accountable to our communities. And we need your help to make it happen.
Stay Informed We'll come to you
We're here to help you succeed in your career, advocate for public school students, and stay up to date on the latest education news. Sign up to stay informed