56th Annual NEA Human and Civil Rights Awards Dinner Speaking The Truth, Standing In Our Power
The 2024 NEA HUMAN AND CIVIL RIGHTS AWARDS Nomination Cycle has begun!
Do your part to identify, uplift and nominate exemplary individuals, organizations, and affiliates to honor at the 2024 NEA Human and Civil Rights Awards in Philadelphia, PA! Submit a nomination!
The official 2024 HCR Awards Online Nomination form and step-by-step submission instructions will open on Tuesday, October 10, 2023 right here at www.nea.org/hcrawards
Deadline for online submission of your nomination form is Friday, December 8, 2023 at 11:59 pm PST. For additional information about the NEA Human and Civil Rights Awards or questions, please view this website or email [email protected].
- 2024 NEA HCR Awards Nomination Application
- 2024 NEA HCR Awards Brochure
- 2024 NEA HCR Awards Flyer – Nomination Announcement
Biographies of the 2023 HCR award winners are available below.
The 2024 HCR Award Categories featured this year for nominations are:
- César Chávez Acción y Compromiso Human and Civil Rights Award
- Ellison S. Onizuka Memorial Award
- George I. Sánchez Memorial Award
- H. Councill Trenholm Memorial Award (Black)
- Leo Reano Memorial Award
- Martin Luther King Jr. Memorial Award
- Mary Hatwood Futrell Award
- Reg Weaver Human and Civil Rights Award
- Rosena J. Willis Memorial Award (Local Affiliate Award)
- SuAnne Big Crow Memorial Award
- Virginia Uribe Award for Creative Leadership in Human Rights