Welcome to NEA-Retired!
Now More than Ever, the Commitment Continues
This Active Life is a bimonthly magazine for NEA-Retired members. It spotlights retirees and their passions, highlights upcoming events, and raises issues of particular interest to retired members, such as travel, health, Social Security, and more
and on critical issues. We work with NEA members to:
- Protect and improve retirement pension, and health benefits—including state pensions, Social Security and Medicare.
- Improve public education through mentoring, literacy, and intergenerational programs and activities.
- Achieve legislative and political action goals for education and education employees.
Whether you’re already retired or just thinking about retirement down the road, there are many advantages to being an NEA-Retired member. They include:
- Staying connected with fellow NEA members and programs
- Opportunities to share your expertise by volunteering and mentoring
- NEA’s political and legislative efforts to protect your retirement resources
- Subscription to NEA’s bimonthly retiree magazine, This Active Life
- A variety of member benefits, such as:
- insurance programs
- credit programs
- loan and mortgage programs
- deposit savings accounts
- investment programs
Retired members also:
- Continue their involvement with their State Association and the NEA and enjoy new and different activities with former colleagues and new friends.
- Volunteer in community-based programs that help make America stronger.
- Participate in national and regional conferences and seminars.
In addition, NEA-Retired provides its members with a wide range of benefits through NEA Member Benefits.
2013-2014 NEA-Retired State Project Grant Information
Below are the links for the 2013-14 State Project Grants and contest together with their guidelines. Those states interested in applying for a grant or entering any of the contests should download and complete the information. Completed packets should be mailed to NEA at the address indicated on the forms. Applicants for the 2013-2014 fiscal year will be notified of their grant status in the fall of 2013.
GRANTS, AWARDS, AND FORMS
- NEA-Retired State Project Grant
- Jack Kinnaman Scholarship
- Distinguished Service Awards
- Newsletter Awards
- NEA-Retired Web Site Awards