At a Glance
- Student Learning
- Trauma-Informed Practices
- Understand what Adverse Childhood Experiences (ACEs) are the impact they have on learning and health outcomes.
- Recognize the symptoms and behaviors of students experiencing toxic stress
- Learn strategies that build resilience in trauma-impacted students
- Education Support Professional
- Early Childhood
- Elementary School
- High School
- Higher Education
- Middle School
ACEs are Adverse Childhood Experiences that may have an impact on a student’s lifelong learning, health, and career outcomes. Students with ACEs may exhibit signs of toxic stress in school in response to certain events or stimuli. Successful learning outcomes depend on recognizing these signs and de-escalating the situation so that students can concentrate and absorb instruction.