We are looking for a few good organizers. Looking to possibly change careers? Looking to support the labor movement and public education? The NEA Organizing Fellowship Academy seeks to train twelve member leaders in the skills of organizing and advocating for members. This experience is open to members of a local NEA affiliate and subject to approval by the State Affiliate & NEA. Elected leaders that apply for the program must resign from their governance position if they are selected to participate in the program.
WE WILL COVER THE FOLLOWING:
- Transitioning from governance to staff
- Leadership identification and development
- Data in organizing (goal-setting, mapping, targeting, etc.)
- Narrative, one-to-ones, and membership recruitment tactics and skill-building
- Problems, issues, targets, theory of change (strategy), and tactics
- Basic campaign planning (including timelines, benchmarks, reflection, etc.)
- Coalitions and partnerships
The learning will be heavily field-based and experiential. A majority of the trainers will be former UniServ staff, member leaders, NEA staff, and affiliate staff in sponsoring Affiliates. Participants will have an NEA coach as well as an affiliate mentor. The participants will leave the program able to meet expectations of UniServ and Organizer staff positions. This is a one year, full-time, paid position. Following the Fellowship Program, participants will return to their job and/or pursue staff opportunities in-state or out-of-state.
If you are interested, CLICK HERE to create an account and apply.
Applications must be received by July 27, 2021. Applications submitted after this date will not be considered.
All candidates for the NEA Organizing Fellowship Academy, will be notified on Friday, August 20th if they were accepted or not into the program.