PreK-12 FOOD SERVICE MEMBERS
- nourish students so they are ready to learn
- help students grow and stay healthy
- keep meal preparation and serving areas safe and clean
- FOOD AND PREPARATION WORKERS
- DIETITIANS AND DIETARY TECHNICIANS
- NON-MANAGERIAL SUPERVISORS
Food Service ESPs Want and Deserve
- Better wages and salaries
59% indicated a problem with making a living wage.
- Job security
1 out of 5 (20%) are traditionally laid off at the end of the academic year and rehired at the beginning of the academic year. And 14% are eligible for unemployment while laid off.
- Better benefits
15% are not offered health insurance benefits.
- Quality professional development
Only 37% are very satisfied with professional development opportunities; 63% are not
“When the menu changes, you have to execute preparation differently, and what some people don’t think about is how that impacts the dietician or the school nurse who will call to ask what the carb and calorie count is for the new meals...We provide all of that nutrition information for students and families.”
- Lead Food Service Worker