Since 1995, the National Council for Education Support Professionals (NCESP) has worked within NEA to represent the specific interests of education support professionals and advocate for ESP issues.
What do we do? NCESP:
- speaks with a common voice on all matters affecting ESP
- improves the structure of NEA in order to ensure full and effective participation of all ESP
- impacts the development of ESP training and make recommendations as needed, using ESP members when appropriate
- identifies and supports candidates for NEA offices who will actively work for implementation of NCESP-adopted programs and positions
- provides the NEA president with a list of qualified candidates from NCESP membership and actively promotes the appointment of those members to appointed bodies
- works to fully integrate ESP members into all NEA programs.
Elections and Governance
NCESP meets twice yearly, at the National ESP Conference and again prior to the beginning of the NEA Representative Assembly. Members discuss all Council business, conduct Council elections, and vote on changes to the Constitution and Bylaws and new business items. Members of the Executive Committee are elected for three-year terms. View the list of current committee members here.
NCESP Declaration of Candidacy
The NCESP Declaration of Candidacy form is the document you submit to start the process of becoming a candidate for NCESP office. All candidates for NCESP office must submit a Declaration of Candidacy by May 1 to be eligible for NCESP office.
NCESP NEA Executive Committee Recommendation Results
Turnout: 31 (50.8%) of 61 electors voted in this election.
Results: (majority is anything over 50%)
- Matthew Powell, 26 votes, 83.8% NCESP Recommends
- Gladys Marquez, 16 votes, 51.6% NCESP Recommends
- Michael Wesley, Jr., 10 votes, 32.2%
- Ron "Duff" Martin, 4 votes, 12.9%
Any active NEA member may join NCESP. ESP members should join as individual members. All other NEA members may join as Associate members. NEA State Affiliates may also join, using an organizational membership.
To join, complete our online registration to be part of NCESP.
For questions, contact email@example.com.
When you give ESPs a voice and an opportunity to help other support staff know their value, then mentoring becomes invaluable.