The members of the NCSEA work to bring about a closer, more constructive working relationship between the National Education Association and its state associations by:
- facilitating discussions among the leaders and staff of state affiliates and between state leaders and staff and NEA.
- building on the strengths of state affiliates to advocate for their shared interests with NEA and partner with state affiliates and NEA to advance a jointly developed agenda.
- Providing learning opportunities for executive directors, presidents, and other state affiliate leaders and staff.
- Assisting state education associations and facilitating the exchange of ideas among state and national leaders.
- Providing guidance related to NEA policy and programs on behalf of state affiliates, and encouraging and promoting cooperation of state leadership in policies, positions, and programs of NEA.
NCSEA officers are elected for one-year terms, which begin immediately following the annual summer membership meeting held in association with the NEA Representative Assembly. A second membership meeting is held each fall.
Stay Informed We'll come to you
We're here to help you succeed in your career, advocate for public school students, and stay up to date on the latest education news. Sign up to stay informed