At a Glance
The program is member-led, member-driven. Early career educators identify an instructional problem of practice and/or socio-emotional challenge, engage in a group process to refine the issue(s) while building community, learn strategies to address the identified challenge(s), and then apply this new knowledge and techniques learned to drive change and positively impact their students.
- Peer Mentoring & Collaboration
- Learn strategies to identify, recruit, engage, and inspire members to your professional learning program
- Learn to guide and support Early Career Educators (ECEs) in unpacking and learning around their problems-of-practice throughout the learning cycle process
- Learn to lead asynchronous, online conversations via edCommunities that foster collaboration, improve practice, enhance student learning, and build relationships
Developed by: Last Updated: 07/22/2020
- Early Childhood
- Elementary School
- High School
- Middle School
What are the program goals and measure our members’ success?
- Inspire, engage, and retain ECEs through personalized professional and social-emotional supports.
- Provide learning communities to foster collaboration, develop reflective practices, enhance student learning, and build relationships.
- Increase the value proposition of membership for ECEs and empower them with personal experiences of how the union supports their professional growth
- Build the capacity of the local affiliate to engage members around professional learning by developing local professional practice and association leaders to mentor ECEs.
- Early Career Educators develop and improve on a problem of practice based on student needs to improve student learning.
Help for Families During COVID-19
Families play a key role in helping students avoid the "COVID-19 slide." We've curated a collection of helpful resources and fun activities designed to keep at-home learners engaged and growing.
Stay Informed We'll come to you
We're here to help you succeed in your career, advocate for public school students, and stay up to date on the latest education news. Sign up to stay informed