At a Glance
The focus of this stack is collaboration with stakeholders, understanding federal policies, and providing support to students with exceptional needs.
- Federal Legislation
- Student Learning
- Learn how to navigate federal policy
- Create functional behavior plans
- Learn how to effectively collaborate with stakeholders
- Use universal design principles to create accessible lessons for all students
Developed by: Last Updated: 07/30/2020
- Early Childhood
- Elementary School
- High School
- Middle School
Approx. 15 minutes per micro-credential
Individual micro-credential topics include:
- IEP Implementation-Communication and Collaboration
- Understanding the IEP Process
- Functional Behavior Assessment and Intervention Plans
- IDEA – Determining Eligibility
- Working with Students with Autism Spectrum Disorder
- Introduction to Universal Design and Learning
NEA Micro-credentials are offered at no cost to NEA members. Non-NEA members will be charged a $125.00 scoring fee per micro-credential at the time of submission. The full list of available NEA micro-credentials can be found at: https://nea.certificationbank.com/
Suggested Further Reading
Are you an affiliate?
Jump to updates, opportunities, and resources for NEA state and local affiliates.
Education News Relevant to You
Read the latest on our advocacy, our members, and the education trends we’re watching.
Stay Informed We'll come to you
We're here to help you succeed in your career, advocate for public school students, and stay up to date on the latest education news. Sign up to stay informed