Social Justice Trainings Safety, Bias, & LGBTQ+ Issues
At a Glance
This new module explains the terminology related to the “Queer” identities and shares ways to support students who are transitioning, highlighting the specific challenges and needs of BIPOC students, and more.
- Diversity & Inclusion
- Gender Equity
- Positive School Environments
- Professional Leadership
- Racial & Social Justice
- Explain how transgender, non-binary, and gender non-conforming (also called GNC) students may choose to transition and make their identity public
- Explain the specific challenges and needs of BIPOC students who are transgender, non-binary, and gender non-conforming
- Identify effective action steps to create safer learning spaces for transgender, non-binary, and gender non-conforming students
Developed by: Last Updated: 03/18/2022
- Education Support Professional
- Elementary School
- High School
- Middle School
3 hours minimum, also available as two 90 minute trainings
Virtual, In-Person, or Blended
Request a Training
Ready to advance racial and social justice with us? Complete the form below to request a training. We will respond within 2 business days.
We look forward to working with you!
Are you an affiliate?
Jump to updates, opportunities, and resources for NEA state and local affiliates.
Visit neaedjustice.org to find ways you can take action and fight for racial, social, and economic justice in public education.
Stay Informed We'll come to you
We're here to help you succeed in your career, advocate for public school students, and stay up to date on the latest education news. Sign up to stay informed