NEA provides guidance and resources for returning to classrooms safely, and with an emphasis on racial and social justice.Learn More
At a Glance
As debate over reopening schools intensifies, NEA recently took questions from its members to address the unprecedented challenges facing educators and students.
- School Climate
- Workplace Conditions
- Understand workers' compensation and waivers
- Understand accommodations and leave rights
- Get tips for bargaining and advocating for safe reopenings
- Get NEA's criteria for when schools should reopen
Developed by: Last Updated: 07/14/2020
- College & University Faculty
- Community Ally
- Education Support Professional
- Parent & Caregiver
- Specialized Instruction Support Personnel
1 hour, 23 minutes
Safely Returning to In-Person Instruction
Rights and considerations for students and educators
NEA provides guidance and resources for returning to classrooms safely, and with an emphasis on racial and social justice.
Join a campaign.
We need to dismantle unjust systems. We need to fully fund public schools. We need to hold our elected leaders accountable to our communities. And we need your help to make it happen.
Stay Informed We'll come to you
We're here to help you succeed in your career, advocate for public school students, and stay up to date on the latest education news. Sign up to stay informed