The program’s objective has been to provide financial assistance towards the full-time or part-time release of local presidents to encourage growth and strength in our local associations. The presence of a full-time or part-time release local president will add to the effectiveness in which the locals can contribute to NEA’s Strategic Priorities.
Thank you for your interest in the LPRT Grant. All applications have been received for the 2021-2022 program year. Applications for the next program year will be accepted in the fall.
The grants are designed to:
- assist affiliates by providing local president release time to do the critical work required as a president.
- provide professional development for the local association president and the assigned staff member to help them build a strong, high capacity local.
- build capacity to engage and recruit members in the local association and each building.
Resources to Assist You in Applying for the LPRTP Grant
C4O Local President Release Time Program Grant application process
Before you Begin:
- Have an electronic copy of your affiliate’s completed IRS W-9 Form available on your computer(you will be required to upload it in the next step). If you do not know your affiliate’s Federal Employee Identification Number (EIN), you can use the following link to look it up. If you cannot find your local using the link provided, an additional link will be provided to bypass this requirement once you begin the application.
- To submit your Affiliate's completed W-9, please click here. Within the capture form, please make sure to select the appropriate Center/Department to whom your affiliate is submitting a grant request.
- Download a copy of the Blank C4O Local President Release Grant Application, familiarize yourself with it and gather all required information, including the Signature Page mentioned previously.
- Because the Local President Release Time Program Grant is a shared commitment among the local association, the state affiliate, and the NEA, a signature page must be attached to your application. The signature page can be found HERE.
How to Apply
- You will be required to create a NEA Applicant ID and Password if you are applying for the first time. To create a new NEA Applicant ID and Password, click the New Applicant? link under the E-mail input box on the first page of the application and follow instructions.
- Next you will be prompted for your affiliate's EIN. You should already have this number from Step 1 of Before you Begin. If you cannot locate your EIN using the search resources provided and your grant application is time sensitive, a link is provided to bypass this requirement.
- Once in the application, provide all required information. The Save and Finish Later button will save your in-progress application to your NEA Applicant Account to complete later.
- Finally, once you feel your application is complete, click the Review and Submit button. Missing information will be flagged, and you will have to provide it before you can submit your application.
- You will not be able to submit your application without attaching the signed Signature Page. Please remember to attach it. The signature page can be found HERE.
- For questions, please email LPRTP-PF@nea.org.