Applications are accepted on a rolling basis.
NEA’s CAO Legislative Crisis Department will be awarding grants to affiliates to design and implement student-centered initiatives through collective bargaining or other forms of advocacy.
The grants are designed to:
- assist affiliates with their student-centered contract campaigns; or
- help them create new programs; or
- refine existing practices that demonstrate a commitment to improving learning conditions that are sustainable beyond the term of the grant.
CAO Legislative Crisis Grant application process
Before you Begin:
Have an electronic copy of your Affiliate’s completed IRS W-9 Form available on your computer (you will be required to upload it before submitting your online application). Download blank IRS W-9 Form. If you do not know your affiliate’s Federal Employee Identification Number (EIN), you can use the following links to look it up:
Download a copy of the Blank CAO Legislative Crisis Grant Application, familiarize yourself with it and gather all required information.
How to Apply:
- You will be required to create an NEA Applicant ID and Password if you are applying for the first time. To create a new NEA Applicant ID and Password, click the New Applicant? link under the E-mail input box on the first page of the application and follow instructions.
- Next you will be prompted for your Affiliate's EIN. You should already have this number from Step 1 of Before you Begin. If you cannot locate your EIN using the search resources provides and your grant application is time sensitive, a link is provided to bypass this requirement.
- Once in the application, provide all required information. The Save and Finish Later button will save your in-progress application to your NEA Applicant Account to complete later.
- Finally, once you feel your application is complete, click the Review and Submit button. Missing information will be flagged, and you will have to provide it before you can submit your application.
For questions, please contact your assigned NEA Campaigns and Elections field staff.