The NEA Community Advocacy & Partnership Engagement (CAPE) Department provides state and local partnership funding grants that are intended to assist state/local affiliates to identify, engage, and mobilize community organizations and community leaders around increasing student achievement (specifically for students of color), engaging members who have participated in leadership trainings, and creating union roles to build capacity to engage community partners.
Grant considerations are made on the following strategic priorities:.
- Initiatives to improve student achievement, particularly in communities of color;
- Engaging NEA members who have been trained in NEA’s leadership trainings or those who have a demonstrated record of activism for the purpose of furthering social justice activism and/or professional issues activism;
- Establishing or institutionalizing new union roles related to parent and/or community engagement;
- Focus on advancing NEA’s priority on racial justice in education.
The deadline for CAPE grant applications is December 16, 2022. For questions, please email [email protected]
Before you Begin:
- Have an electronic copy of your Affiliate’s completed IRS W-9 Form available on your computer (you will be required to upload it in the next step). Download blank IRS W-9 Form. If you do not know your affiliate’s Federal Employee Identification Number (EIN), you can use the following links to look it up:
- To submit your Affiliate's completed W-9, please click here. Within the capture form, please make sure to select the appropriate Center/Department to whom your affiliate is submitting a grant request.
- Download a copy of the Center for Social Justice CAPE Grant Application, familiarize yourself with it and gather all required information.
How to Apply:
- You will be required to create an NEA Applicant ID and Password if you are applying for the first time. To create a new NEA Applicant ID and Password, click the New Applicant? link under the E-mail input box on the first page of the application and follow instructions.
- Next you will be prompted for your Affiliate's EIN. You should already have this number from Step 1 of Before you Begin. If you cannot locate your EIN using the search resources provides and your grant application is time sensitive, a link is provided to bypass this requirement.
- Once in the application, provide all required information. The Save and Finish Later button will save your in-progress application to your NEA Applicant Account to complete later.
- Finally, once you feel your application is complete, click the Review and Submit button. Missing information will be flagged, and you will have to provide it before you can submit your application.
- For questions, please email [email protected].
Click Here to Start a New Center for Social Justice CAPE Grant Application
Click Here to Return to a Saved Application for a Center for Social Justice CAPE Grant Application