The next Planning Grant application deadline is September 15th, 2022.
All applications must be submitted by 11:59 PM Local Time on September 15th in order to be considered.
Planning Grants will be awarded by October 15th, 2022.
The term of a Planning Grant is approximately 3 months (October 15th - January 31st). The maximum request is $10,000.
Planning Grant Materials (click to download):
Application Process – GPS Fund Planning Grants
Before you begin:
- Have an electronic copy of your Affiliate’s completed IRS W-9 Form available on your computer (you will be required to upload it in the next Step). You can find a blank copy of the form in the downloads below. If you do not know your affiliate’s Federal Employee Identification Number (EIN)
- Find the State Affiliates EIN Quick Lookup in the downloads below.
- Local Affiliates EIN Lookup via IRS Database
- Submit your Affiliate's completed W-9. Within the capture form, please make sure to select the appropriate Center/Department to whom your affiliate is submitting a grant request.
- Download a copy of the blank Planning Grant Application (below), familiarize yourself with it and gather all required information.
How to Apply:
- You will be required to create an NEA applicant ID and password if you are applying for the first time. To create a new NEA Applicant ID and Password, click the New Applicant? link under the E-mail input box on the first page of the application and follow instructions.
- Next you will be prompted for your Affiliate's EIN. You should already have this number from Step 1 of Before you Begin. If you cannot locate your EIN using the search resources provides and your grant application is time sensitive, a link is provided to bypass this requirement.
- Once in the application, provide all required information. The Save and Finish Later button will save your in-progress application to your NEA Applicant Account to complete later.
- Finally, once you feel your application is complete, click the Review and Submit button. Missing information will be flagged, and you will have to provide it before you can submit your application.
- For questions, please email [email protected].
Click here to start a new application for a Planning Grant
Click here to return to a saved application for a Planning Grant