The next GPS Fund application deadline is February 1, 2021.
Only affiliates that have been awarded a Planning Grant are invited/eligible to apply.
All GPS Fund applications must be submitted by 11:59 PM Local Time on February 1st in order to be considered on time.
Grant awards will be made by April 1, 2021.
The term of a GPS Fund grant is anywhere from one to three years. The minimum total grant request is $50,000. The maximum annual request allowed is $250,000 per year.
Application Process – GPS Fund Grants
Before you begin:
- Have an electronic copy of your Affiliate’s completed IRS W-9 Form available on your computer (you will be required to upload it in the next Step). You can find a blank copy of the form in the downloads below. If you do not know your affiliate’s Federal Employee Identification Number (EIN)
- Find the State Affiliates EIN Quick Lookup in the downloads below.
- Local Affiliates EIN Lookup via IRS Database
- Submit your Affiliate's completed W-9.Within the capture form, please make sure to select the appropriate Center/Department to whom your affiliate is submitting a grant request.
- Download a copy of the blank GPS Fund Grant Application (below), familiarize yourself with it and gather all required information.
How to Apply:
- You will be required to create an NEA applicant ID and password if you are applying for the first time. To create a new NEA Applicant ID and Password, click the New Applicant? link under the E-mail input box on the first page of the application and follow instructions.
- Next you will be prompted for your Affiliate's EIN. You should already have this number from Step 1 of Before you Begin. If you cannot locate your EIN using the search resources provides and your grant application is time sensitive, a link is provided to bypass this requirement.
- Once in the application, provide all required information. The Save and Finish Later button will save your in-progress application to your NEA Applicant Account to complete later.
- Finally, once you feel your application is complete, click the Review and Submit button. Missing information will be flagged, and you will have to provide it before you can submit your application.
- For questions, please email GPSFund-PF@nea.org.
Click here to start a new application for a GPS Fund Grant
Click here to return to a saved application for a GPS Fund Grant