NEA’s Center for Communications State Media Assistance Grants proactively advance the Association’s mission through image and reputation campaigns that strengthen the Association’s image among key audiences and the public.
The grants are designed to:
- advance the cause of public education
- publicize the role of the Association and its affiliates in improving the quality of public education.
The submission deadline is March 15, 2021.
Before you Begin:
- Have an electronic copy of your Affiliate’s completed IRS W-9 Form available on your computer (you will be required to upload it in the next step). Download blank IRS W-9 Form below. If you do not know your affiliate’s Federal Employee Identification Number (EIN), you can find:
- State Affiliates EIN Quick Lookup in downloads below
- Local Affiliates EIN Lookup via IRS Database
- To submit your Affiliate's completed W-9, please click here. Within the capture form, please make sure to select the appropriate Center/Department to whom your affiliate is submitting a grant request.
- Download a copy of the blank State Media Assistance Grant application below, familiarize yourself with it and gather all required information.
How to Apply:
- You will be required to create an NEA Applicant ID and Password if you are applying for the first time. To create a new NEA Applicant ID and Password, click the New Applicant? link under the E-mail input box on the first page of the application and follow instructions.
- Next you will be prompted for your Affiliate's EIN. You should already have this number from Step 1 of Before you Begin. If you cannot locate your EIN using the search resources provides and your grant application is time sensitive, a link is provided to bypass this requirement.
- Once in the application, provide all required information. The Save and Finish Later button will save your in-progress application to your NEA Applicant Account to complete later.
- Finally, once you feel your application is complete, click the Review and Submit button. Missing information will be flagged, and you will have to provide it before you can submit your application.
- For questions, please email StateMediaGrants@nea.org.
Click here to start a new State & Local Projects Grants application.
Return to saved State & Local Projects Grants application here