NEA has a vision for a for every student. We know that institutional and structural racism are barriers to achieving our vision. We will leverage the power and collective voice or our members to end the systemic patterns of racial inequity and injustice that affect our Association, schools, students, and education communities.
Applying a Race Equity Lens
Racial equity and justice in education is a critical element to achieving our mission and vision. It demands that we view our collective work through a racial equity lens. When applied authentically, it enhances choices, decision-making and the allocation of resources.
Our ability to apply a Racial Equity Lens, means that we are:
- Effectively and more thoroughly analyzing what is not working around racial equity in public education;
- Identifying and actively supporting solutions that are working to increase racial equity and preventing racial injustice in public education;
- Shifting our choices and decision making about racial equity in public schools;
- Transforming and healing ourselves, the structures within the public education system and our own institution.
Racial Justice in Education Resources
- Racial Justice in Education Framework
- Racial Justice in Education Resource Guide