NEA and Colorín Colorado have compiled a list of resources that can help promote deeper understanding around the issues of racism and violence. They also can contribute to discussion of these topics with colleagues and students during this difficult time, even at a distance.
Areas covered include:
- Being sensitive to trauma
- Talking about current events
- Teaching about race, racism, and violence
- Social justice resources for the classroom
- Resources for families
- Recommended reading for students and adults