Community Allies are an official membership of the nation’s largest union, designed specifically for the parents, families, and individuals who want to advocate for public school students and educators.
You’ll stand alongside 3 million teachers, education support professionals, and public employees championing great public schools for all students—Black, brown, and white; native and newcomer.
- Advocate for smart, just policies and funding
- Elect candidates for office who support educators, students, and public schools
- Support the education professions
Who Can Join
Membership is $25 annually. Anyone can join, as long as they are not eligible for another form of membership or state or local affiliate membership.
Additional Benefits of Membership
Community Allies are the families and friends of our public schools who believe that every student in America deserves a quality education, no matter where they live. With your Community Ally membership, you'll receive:
- Access to the NEA Today magazine for members
- Members-only invitations to NEA activities that build support for public education, educators, and racial and social justice in educations.
- Community Ally access to the NEA Discount Marketplace. You will earn cash back when you shop and save on brand-name merchandise from over 2,500 top retailers, online stores, and local restaurants, and more.
Join a campaign.
We need to dismantle unjust systems. We need to fully fund public schools. We need to hold our elected leaders accountable to our communities. And we need your help to make it happen.