The Center for Organizing has resources available in support of strategic organizing projects that are developed collaboratively between state affiliate leadership, affected locals and NEA. The resources include training, coaching, convening or workshop costs, and direct resources. These resources are designed for projects that promote or advance the NEA Strategic Goals while building capacity to engage and recruit members to lead on issues affecting their professional practice and equity of resources and opportunities for all students.
Grants Available Include:
- Growth, Strength, Other
- Spring Early Enrollment
- Early Career Educator
- Education Summer
- ESSA/My School My Voice
- Organizing - Winter Worksite and Engagement
- Organizing - New Educator
C4O Organizing Grant application process
Before you Begin:
Have an electronic copy of your Affiliate’s completed IRS W-9 Form available on your computer (you will be required to upload it in the next step). If you do not know your affiliate’s Federal Employee Identification Number (EIN), you can use the following links to look it up:
- State Affiliates EIN Quick Lookup
- Local Affiliates EIN Quick Lookup
- To submit your Affiliate's completed W-9, please click here. Within the capture form, please make sure to select the appropriate Center/Department to whom your affiliate is submitting a grant request.
- Download a copy of the Blank C4O Grant Application, familiarize yourself with it and gather all required information.
How to Apply:
- You will be required to create an NEA Applicant ID and Password if you are applying for the first time. To create a new NEA Applicant ID and Password, click the New Applicant? link under the E-mail input box on the first page of the application and follow instructions.
- Next, you will be prompted for your Affiliate's EIN. You should already have this number from Step 1 of Before you Begin. If you cannot locate your EIN using the search resources provides and your grant application is time-sensitive, a link is provided to bypass this requirement.
- Once in the application, provide all the required information. The Save and Finish Later button will save your in-progress application to your NEA Applicant Account to complete later.
- Finally, once you feel your application is complete, click the Review and Submit button. Missing information will be flagged, and you will have to provide it before you can submit your application.
- For questions, please contact your Zone Director.