Whether you’re already retired or just thinking about retirement down the road, there are many advantages to being an NEA-Retired member.
We work with NEA members to:
- Protect and improve retirement pension and health benefits—including state pensions, Social Security, and Medicare.
- Improve public education through mentoring, literacy, and intergenerational programs and activities.
- Achieve legislative and political action goals for education and education employees.
Other benefits of belonging to NEA-Retired include:
- Continued involvement with your State Association and NEA to enjoy new and different activities with former colleagues and new friends.
- Volunteer opportunities in community-based programs.
- Participation in national and regional conferences and seminars.
- A variety of member benefits, such as:
- insurance programs
- credit programs
- loan and mortgage programs
- deposit savings accounts
- investment programs
Through my local, state, and national involvement on various committees, I get to see the enthusiasm of active educators and hear about the projects they’re working on. It’s important to stay involved and help keep public education alive. As a retiree, I have time to work during the day and help the association.
Quote by: Marilyn Warner, Retired Elementary School Teacher
Stay Informed We'll come to you
From education news to action alerts to member benefits-we're here to help you succeed in your career, advocate for your students, and support public education. Sign up to stay informed.