NEA blended learning courses are available to our affiliates through NEA’s Learning Management System (LMS) and combine both traditional face-to-face meetings with the greater efficiencies and flexibility of online learning tools. And, for member cohorts who are working together, NEA’s blended learning courses are designed to enhance collaborative professional learning.
Our flexible delivery format allows affiliates to:
- Adapt courses for different membership categories
- Host face-to-face classes that emphasize local context
- Identify participants and facilitators for face-to-face meetings
- Support small groups of educators through video conferencing and online discussion boards (NEA edCommunities)
- Coordinate programs locally to best meet local needs and goals
- Provide leadership opportunities for members through the role of course facilitator
“One of the advantages of blended learning is that it’s catered to educator’s individual needs. It is not a one size fits all professional development that we as educators are sometimes forced to sit through.”
Veronica Miranda-Pinkney (San Jose Education Association)
For more information, contact: Luis-Gustavo Martinez, Center for Great Public Schools, at (202) 822-7396 or LGMartinez@nea.org.