57th Annual NEA Human and Civil Rights Awards Call for 2024 Nominations
Know of an individual, organization, or affiliate that champions racial and social justice and civil rights within their community? Support their good work through a nomination for a 2024 Human and Civil Rights (HCR) Award. Honorees are recognized during the annual HC Awards program, held in July, prior to the NEA’s Representative Assembly.
- Identify and honor exemplary individuals, organizations, and affiliates for their contributions to human and civil rights, and racial and social justice.
- Celebrate NEA’s multicultural roots and commitment to justice.
- Recognize today’s human and civil rights victories and chart the path forward.
- Honor the rich legacy and history of the American Teachers Association (ATA) and NEA merger from whence the HCR Awards program began.
The work of civil rights and social justice heroes is as critical today as it was yesterday. Let’s work together to remind everyone that the cause endures, the struggle goes on, and hope still lives!
Identify your nominees now! It is never too early to begin profiling nominees and potential HCR Award winners! Find information on past winners at nea.org/hcrawards.
Nomination forms and instructions for the 2024 HCR Awards will be available from Oct. 10, to Dec. 8, 2023, at nea.org/hcrawards.
FOR MORE INFORMATION, please email [email protected].
Find Tools for Your Practice
- Looking for professional learning opportunities and resources to bolster your lessons?
- Legal guidance on educator rights?
- Or just good advice from fellow educators?
Check out NEA’s online resource library, where you can search by keyword, issue, resource type, and more to find the
latest and best professional resources from NEA.
Need a Grant?
Apply for the NEA Foundation’s $2,000 and $5,000 grants for individuals and teams of education professionals to support instructional practice or professional development across all subject areas and grade levels. Applications are reviewed three times a year (winter, spring, and fall)
Want to Bring the World to Your Classroom?
These resources and opportunities can help connect you, your classroom, and your students with ideas and people
around the world. Download classroom resources from the NEA Foundation’s Global Learning Resource page to help your students become 21st century global citizens.
Join a learning community of educators committed to global education advocacy.