Each year the NEA Center for Organizing, in collaboration with NEA-Retired, awards State Organizing Grants to State Retired entities. Grant awards will not exceed $7,000 annually. No State Retired Organization shall receive more than two grants per year. Grants must be used for Membership Recruitment, Organizing New Retired Locals, Retired Organizing Projects, Creating Retired Activists, Developing Retired Leaders, or Developing and Strengthening Community Partnerships.
Deadline: NEA will accept grant applications up to August 15 of each year.
Retired Organizing Grant application process
Before you Begin
- Retired Organizing Grant Evaluation Form
- Retired Organizing Grant Guidelines
- Retired Organizing Grant Budget Detail Form
- Have an electronic copy of your Affiliate’s completed IRS W-9 Form available on your computer (you will be required to upload it in the next step). Download blank IRS W-9 Form. If you do not know your affiliate’s Federal Employee Identification Number (EIN), you can use the following links to look it up:
State Affiliates EIN Quick Lookup
Local Affiliates EIN Lookup via IRS Database.
- To submit your Affiliate's completed W-9, please click on the NEA-W-9 Submission Form. Within the capture form, please make sure to select the appropriate Center/Department to whom your affiliate is submitting a grant request.
- Download a copy of the Blank Retired Organizing Application, familiarize yourself with it, and gather all required information.
How to Apply
- You will be required to create an NEA Applicant ID and Password if you are applying for the first time. To create a new NEA Applicant ID and Password, click the New Applicant link under the E-mail input box on the first page of the application and follow instructions.
- Next, you will be prompted for your Affiliate’s EIN. You should already have this number from Step 1 of Before you Begin. If you cannot locate your EIN and your grant application is time-sensitive, a link is provided to bypass this requirement.
- Next, you will be prompted for your Affiliate's EIN. You should already have this number from Step 3 of Before you Begin. If you cannot locate your EIN and your grant application is time-sensitive, a link is provided to bypass this requirement.
- Finally, once you feel your application is complete, click the Review and Submit button. Missing information will be flagged, and you will have to provide it before you can submit your application.
- For questions, please email email@example.com.