All students deserve an education that inspires them, encourages their curiosity, and prepares them for success.
All educators deserve the support, resources, and time to do their jobs well, and the security to retire with dignity.
Through the National Education Association’s advocacy in Congress, we work to create public pre-K-12 schools, colleges, and universities that are worthy of Americans, and to build a more fair, just, and equitable nation for everyone.
NEA’s Government Relations team:
- Lobbies for federal legislation that supports public education, educators, and socially just policies, and against legislation that weakens public education and social justice
- Advances the NEA Legislative Program, our member-driven, member-endorsed agenda for what we do in Congress
- Strengthens relationships with key members of Congress on both sides of the aisle
- Prepares NEA leaders and activists to engage with and lobby members of Congress
- Provides updates on our advocacy and invites NEA members to engage with Congress through our weekly emails, EdAction in Congress
- Maintains the NEA Legislative Report Card, a rating of members of Congress based on their education-related votes and actions
- Works with like-minded national organizations and coalitions that share our commitment to strong public schools and resilient public services
What We Do
Legislative Report Card
Good education means learning to read, write and most importantly learn how to learn so that you can be whatever you want to be when you grow up