All students deserve an education that inspires them, encourages their curiosity, and prepares them for success.
All educators deserve the support, resources, and time to do their jobs well, and the security to retire with dignity.
Through the National Education Association’s advocacy in Congress, we work to create public pre-K-12 schools, colleges, and universities that are worthy of Americans, and to build a more fair, just, and equitable nation for everyone.
NEA’s Government Relations team:
- Lobbies for federal legislation that supports public education, educators, and socially just policies, and against legislation that weakens public education and social justice
- Advances the NEA Legislative Program, our member-driven, member-endorsed agenda for what we do in Congress
- Strengthens relationships with key members of Congress on both sides of the aisle
- Prepares NEA leaders and activists to engage with and lobby members of Congress
- Provides updates on our advocacy and invites NEA members to engage with Congress through our weekly emails, EdAction in Congress
- Maintains the NEA Legislative Report Card, a rating of members of Congress based on their education-related votes and actions
- Works with like-minded national organizations and coalitions that share our commitment to strong public schools and resilient public services
What We Do
Our member-driven, member-endorsed agenda for what we do in Congress
Legislative Report Card
To hold our elected officials accountable, NEA tracks how members of Congress vote on our issues.
Sharing your stories and experiences can galvanize, warn, and persuade legislators in a way that facts and statistics do not. Use these tips to make an impact.
Good education means learning to read, write and most importantly learn how to learn so that you can be whatever you want to be when you grow up
Quote by: Patty Murray, chair of the Senate Health, Education, Labor, and Pensions Committee
OUR VOICE = POWER Speak Up for Public Schools
When we unite and speak truth to power, we can have an enormous impact. Stay up to date on the latest actions you can take to protect and improve public schools for all students.