We Are NEA
Whether you’ve been an educator for one day or 40 years, NEA has your back, is by your side, and on your team. NEA makes sure you and the needs of your students are heard in the halls of power. And together, united as members, we make things happen. We move mountains. We make history.
Learn why we organize in this video highlighting educator’s voices:
Education Summer Campaign: Theory of Change
Ed Summer supports state and local associations in advancing organizing campaigns, membership growth, and supporting new hire recruitment (NEOs). Additionally:
- Strength Building Goals:Too frequently, our union is limited in its reach and power due to the lack structural support to develop and implement internal or external organizing campaigns. These structural supports include but are not limited to the following: Contract action teams (CAT), school board action teams, political action teams, organizing committees, early career educator committees, among others.
- Organizing Building Goals: Building membership and structural organizing capacity are critical steps to prepare the union to lift educators’ voices, build power, and leverage this power to win for our students, educators, and communities. Examples of organizing goals include anti-privatization measures, contract campaigns, increasing public education funding, and passing progressive school board policies.
The Education Summer campaign is part of our Year-Round Organizing Framework, which is designed to work with educators throughout important cycles of their year. Other components of the Year-Round Organizing Framework include:
Who Do I Contact?
Looking for who to contact in your state about Ed Summer before signing up? Check out the list of state teams.
NEA ORGANIZER CONTACT
- Connecticut, Delaware, Maine, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York — Contact: Casey Anthony- firstname.lastname@example.org
- Arkansas, Georgia, Oklahoma, South Carolina, Texas — Contact: Aesha Baldwin- email@example.com
- Rhode Island, Vermont — Contact: Katrina Byrne- firstname.lastname@example.org
- Colorado, Nebraska, Michigan — Contact: Antonio Castanon Luna- email@example.com
- Alabama, Federal, Florida, Kentucky, Louisiana, Mississippi, North Carolina, Tennessee, West Virginia — Contact: Floyd Cox- firstname.lastname@example.org
- North Dakota, South Dakota, Wyoming, New Mexico, Arizona, Hawaii, Utah- EA, Utah- USEA — Contact: Michelle Foisy- email@example.com
- Alaska, California, Idaho, Montana, Nevada, Oregon, Washington — Contact: Jonas Barriere - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Missouri, Minnesota, Wisconsin — Contact: Vicki Rodriguez- email@example.com