At a Glance
- Culturally Responsive Education
- Diversity & Inclusion
- Positive School Environments
- Define implicit bias and identify key characteristics.
- Define microaggressions and identify key characteristics.
- Define stereotypes and identify key characteristics.
- Identify specific steps and strategies to challenge implicit bias, microaggressions, and stereotypes.
- Education Support Professional
Sticks & Stones: Understanding Implicit Bias, Microaggressions, and Stereotypes
NEA’s asynchronous learning experience on implicit bias can be found on the LearnUpon learning management system. If you do not yet have a LearnUpon account, you can create one here: Sign up | PEP - Professional Excellence Portal (learnupon.com). Once you have created your account (or if you have one already), you can access the course, found here: Catalog - Courses - Sticks and Stones: Understanding Implicit Bias, Microaggressions, & Stereotypes - Description | PEP - Professional Excellence Portal (learnupon.com). Should you have difficulty accessing the short course, please reach out ASAP – Hilario Benzon, Manager, NEA Human and Civil Rights Department: [email protected].